skip to main content

E-mail Us

Please e-mail us using this form, or you can use this e-mail address: to send e-mail using your own e-mail program.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:



Leave this empty!!! If you see it

Note: All fields on this form are required.

Get help paying for school

We know that paying for your education can be a challenge. That’s where Highline Community College can help. We offer various funding options to help pay for college, including:

Federal, state financial aid

Your eligibility for federal and state financial aid including grants, certain loans and work study is based on your FAFSA application.
  • Grants  
    The funds do not have to be paid back—unless you fail to meet the conditions of the award.
  • Loans
    These funds must be paid back.
    • For a subsidized loan: The government pays the interest while you are in college, the first six months after you leave school and during a period of deferment.
    • For an unsubsidized loan: You’re responsible for interest payments from the time you take out the loan, even while you are in college. You can pay while in college or delay the interest payments.
  • Student Employment/Work Study
    You can earn a portion of your financial aid through working on or off campus.
  • Real Hope Act
    This program helps non-citizens, who meet certain eligibility requirements, to apply for student financial aid in Washington State through the WASFA and receive State Need Grant.

Other funding options

  • Workforce Retraining
    If you are unemployed or face imminent layoff, this program helps pay for your first quarter of college — including tuition, fees and books — so you can take courses in a professional-technical program.
  • Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET) program 
    BFET is open to students who receive benefits through the state Department of Social & Health Services’ Basic Food program. Students can receive short-term assistance for tuition, books, fees, bus passes and child care.
  • Opportunity Grants program
    This program helps low-income adults take classes for specific high-wage, high-demand careers. The grant covers tuition for short-term programs, as well as some fees, books and supplies.
  • WorkFirst Services 
    If you are a parent currently or recently a recipient of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), you may be eligible to receive financial help with tuition costs and required textbooks for Adult Basic Education, GED and English-as-a-Second Language, employment skill upgrade and vocational training classes.
  • Scholarships 
    Highline offers scholarship opportunities through various campus programs and the HCC Foundation.
    • Scholarships do not have to be paid back.
    • Scholarship criteria varies for each award and can be based on academic achievement, athletic or artistic talent, financial need, fields of study or community service.
    • Scholarship applications are separate from the application for federal or state financial aid.
  • Student Tuition Easy Payment Plan  
    The STEPP program allows you to pay for your education on an interest-free installment payment plan.
    • Payments are due twice during fall, winter and spring quarters, or once during summer quarter.
    • Note: This program is not eligible for books, fines or parking costs.
  • Tax credits
    The federal government allows you to claim tax credits for out-of-pocket tuition and related educational expenses through the American Opportunity Credit credit. At the end of the tax year, Highline sends an IRS form 1098-T to students who qualify.
  • Veterans’ benefits
    Education benefits are available for qualified veterans. Highline’s Veterans Services can help you complete your paperwork.


 *** Don’t delay! ***
We highly encourage you to apply for financial aid.

Funds are awarded on a first come, first-serve basis.

See how to apply for financial aid.

Highline Community College graduates

Highline Community College graduates